Your Agra City Tour is incomplete without a visit to the Taj – the epitome of love and one of seven ancient wonders of the world. This imposing structure on the banks of the Yamuna River is an architecture marvel depicting the grandeur of the Mughal Empire. The white marble wonder of Taj Mahal is a testimony of true love and thanks to the decoration with exquisite pietradura (stone inlay) work, it shows different hues at days and nights of the year.
Agra Fort is another magnificent structure in the city that showcases the pomp of the art and architecture during the Mughal Era. The crescent-shaped fort has a serious of buildings within to give the impression of a small city and oozes history from its pores. Some of popular buildings to visit in Agra Fort include Jehangir’s palace, the Diwan-i-Aam (hall of public audience), Diwan-i-Khas (hall of private audience) Musamman Burj, the Sheesh Mahal (the mirror palace), Khas Mahal and the Anguri Bagh (The Grape Garden).
To the north of Agra fort is the famous tomb of Mirza Ghiyas Beg, Jehangir’s wazir, also known as Itmad-ud-daulah, which is also known as the ’baby Taj’ for being built from marble. This tomb on the opposite bank of the Yamuna also makes extensive use of pietradura much like the Taj. And just 4 km north-west of Agra is the sandstone and marble tomb of Akbar at Sikandara where you get to understand much of Akbar’s outlook towards the world.
Duration: Full Day Tour (8 Hours Activity)
Meeting/Pick Up Point: Pick-up from Hotel Lobby/Home Stay
Timings: 09:00 AM Departures return at 05:00 PM approximately
Booking: Rates per car
Recommended For: Families, Couples, Youth & Seniors
Tour Highlights: Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Itimad-ud-daulas's Tomb, Mehtab Bagh & Sikandara (Akbar's Tomb)
Tour Type: Private
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS:
- Pick-up and Drop from City Hotel/Home stay.
- Fuel, Toll Taxes, Interstate Taxes, Driver Charges and Parking at each sightseeing place.
- One Bottle of Mineral water per guest.
- Sightseeing & Excursion Tour by Air Condition Car.
- All applicable taxes and service charges.
- Personal insurance coverage.
(personal loss, illness or damages incurred during trip)
- Monument Entrances.
- Train Tickets.
- Any Meal.
- Tips to the tour guide/driver/rikshaw pullers.
- Camera charges applicable inside the monuments.
Good to Know
- Taj Mahal closed on Friday.
- You will receive a confirmation at the time of booking.
- Meals served at hotel/restaurant are on fixed menu-basis and do not offer any soft drinks alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages, or mineral water. A customer can directly purchase the same through additional spot payment.
Just carry print out or soft copy of the confirmation you get from us after completing the advance payment.
(Excursion India Tours & Travels)
Phone: +91 9810806872, +91 9810406872 (Call/WhatsApp)
(Please use these contact details for last-minute changes, questions regarding meeting point or hotel pick-up, emergencies and other issues)